Benefits of Reiki
Reiki works on different levels the physical, mental, emotional and spiritual enhancing everything in life. Reiki as a healing technique has gone through years of practice and has hence proved to be one of the most effective remedy for body and mind complications. Reiki is not only one of the oldest healing systems in use; it is also one of the most versatile. This ancient Eastern method of healing uses energy to balance the body and mind, and its benefits can be felt by both Reiki practitioners and their clients. It has a long history of helping and assisting people through all injuries and illness, including serious disorders like cancer, heart related diseases, skin problems, insomnia, lack of confidence, anxiety, etc. Reiki has not only helped people with physical ailments, but has also helped people with minor psychological problems. Reiki can also be used as a complimentary or an additional healing mechanism along with traditional medical treatment. It is quite amazing to learn how this traditional healing art from Japan comfortably and readily got accepted and acknowledged by today's scientific world. There must be something credential and beneficial about Reiki that made it immensely popular among folks around the world. In fact, Reiki is believed to improve just about any aspect of life, from physical health to emotional well-being to stress reduction and mental clarity. Reiki techniques are used to heal the body, mind and the spirit. It has been proven that Reiki can help people suffering from various major and minor ailments. It is often used as a complementary conventional therapy in a number of hospitals today.
Straight from the beginning, Reiki will help you relax. If nothing more and nothing less, you can use Reiki to release stress. This is of great importance because stress causes headaches, migraines, ulcers and a thousand other physical maladies. So, the sooner you apply Reiki, the sooner you can calm your mind and heal psychological pain. As you get deeper into Reiki practice, other benefits will accumulate. Reiki will cleanse, open and unite all levels of your being (body, mind and soul). This will help you feel more whole, more complete and more in tune with yourself.
If you decide to study Reiki and do healings for yourself and others, additional benefits will accrue. Your sensitivity and insight will increase as you heal more people. You will also experience an increase in your consciousness and energy level. Week by week, you will develop spiritual awareness and appreciation. This is not a guarantee as much as a description of the most common experiences that students encounter during their training and practice. Within a short time, you will gain clearer intuition and understanding of yourself and others. Taken together, these experiences will boost your confidence and consequently, your ability to help others.
In its purest form, Reiki recognizes the sacredness and interconnectedness of ones true self and all of life, thus awakening one’s true potential. It will change anything that needs to be changed within the physical and etheric organism, as long as these changes are aligned with the soul’s highest good. Since we are all connected to each other, we have an effect on all those with whom we come in contact. This is especially so when we consciously connect with another transmitting Reiki. Reiki passes from the practitioner to the receiver, working on many levels. It brings all aspects of the receiver’s being into harmonious balance, according to their individual intention. You can use Reiki to help yourself, and others, to achieve a deeper sense of well-being while aspiring to achieve enlightenment.
The concept of healing is to make whole and that is what we do with Reiki; we work toward becoming whole. To become whole we need to integrate the different aspects of ourselves to get them to work together to help "the whole" function for its highest benefit. So when we discuss the benefits of Reiki and we state that it is good for this or good for that, this is going to depend upon one major factor, you. What is it that you need to make you more whole? Your needs are unique and therefore the benefits that you will receive from working with Reiki will also be unique.
Our mind and body knows how to heal itself. Yes, you are born with the natural ability to heal yourself! As the Reiki energy in your body moves and cleanses, it supports your natural healing ability. The system of Reiki supports that innate healing process. One of the most fundamental concepts of healing is that our bodies draw on Reiki to balance the flow of subtle energies by releasing blockages and suppressed feelings. Reiki does NOT diagnose, all you need to know is that whatever is receiving the Reiki will draw on, or release the energy as needed. If the rational mind gets in the way by diagnosing, you limit the healing possibilities of spiritual energy.
Reiki is guided by the God-consciousness, it can never do harm. Reiki knows what a person needs and will adjust to create the appropriate effect. Your body decides what it needs and when. For this reason, no two Reiki experiences are alike. Therefore, when you work with Reiki you do not know what is going to happen. Accept this and allow the energy to support your natural healing process. The benefits will become apparent. Your body will decide what it needs to become whole. Because the practitioner is not doing the healing, it is also much easier for the ego to stay out of the way and allow the presence of God to shine clearly through.
Because it is a channeled healing, the Reiki practitioner's energies are never depleted. In fact, the Reiki consciousness considers both practitioner and client to be in need of healing, so both receive treatment. Because of this, giving a treatment always increases one's energy and leaves one surrounded with loving feelings of well-being. The list of benefits of Reiki mentioned below can be considered as possible reasons for the art to get accepted and recognized globally.
- Reiki relaxes body and mind, and releases the tension.
- Helps in clearing anxiety, depression and phobias.
- A daily self treatment can keep the person in maximum health and well being.
- Reiki is excellent natural anti-aging remedy.
- Reiki can virtually treat all the known diseases. It is known to have cured hypertension, cancer, heart diseases and arthritis etc. in addition to many other ailments.
- Giving Reiki to medicines before use can minimize their harmful side effects.
- When a loved one is sick, your gift of Reiki will help him/her recover earlier.
- Send treatment to a family member or a friend who lives a distance away. This requires Reiki Second Degree.
- Reiki improves body's immune system.
- Excellent to treat complicated diseases particularly where cause of the disease is not known.
- It improves mental well-being and gradually cleanses body's toxins.
- For the people who are not apparently ill, a series of Reiki treatment sessions makes them more confident and balanced by making positive changes in their attitude and lifestyle. Reiki can thus bring them a happier and healthier life.
- Helps in leaving bad habits. This requires Reiki Second Degree.
- Use Reiki symbols for meditation to increase your spiritual abilities. This also requires at least Reiki Second Degree.
- It creates decency in the general behavior and makes a person more thoughtful.
- Use it for manifestation to achieve your goals.
- Applying Reiki to the workplaces can create congenial atmosphere and improve the working efficiency.
- Reiki can treat even those who are not physically present with us. This energy is not bound by time and distance, and can be sent to anyone no matter where the person may be living. This requires attunements for Reiki Second Degree.
- Since the energy flows through the healer while giving a Reiki treatment, the healer automatically receives healing.
- Reiki can be effectively used to treat plants and animals also. It considerably improves their growth and health. When given Reiki, they enjoy the energy and express the joy in their own way.
- Reiki calms. It reduces stress, and provides deep relaxation, comfort & peace.
- Reiki may bring spiritual clarity.
- Reiki offers relief during emotional distress and sorrow. Reiki helps in the grieving process. It cleans and clears the emotions from being so draining and offers perspective.
- Reiki relieves pain.
- Reiki can improve good blood circulation and stop small bleedings.
- Reiki can cleanse organs (liver, kidneys, arteries, spleen, gall bladder, lungs & heart).
- Reiki is safe to treat symptoms of imbalance: chronic and acute conditions, stress related disorders, conditions related to sinus, menopause, migraine, cystitis, asthma, chronic fatigue, arthritis, back, sciatica, insomnia and depression - to name a few.
- Reiki speeds up recovery from surgery or long-term illness. As it tends to reduce side-effects, it helps in adjusting to medicine/treatment. For example, Chemo-therapy patients who received Reiki noticed a marked decrease in side effects from treatment. Reiki can also be put directly in medicine (as well as food and water).
- Reiki helps athletes to heal faster from injury faster and to perform.
- Reiki is for everyone: it helps heal adults, elderly, babies (on mother's stomach), toddlers, children and pets.
- Reiki for pets? Yes, pets may be helped in their recovery from stress, separation anxiety, trauma, and illness. Treat your pet with a dose of Distant Healing following doctor's treatment.
- Stress reduction and relaxation is one of the direct effects of Reiki treatment on a person. Reiki triggers the natural healing abilities of the body, thereby improving the health of a person.
- Reiki is capable of providing relief from emotional distress and sorrow. Reiki serves as a support for a person under depression and an emotional breakdown. It helps in cleaning and the clearing away of negative emotions.
- Reiki is a good reliever of pain. It can be readily used to treat injuries of any kind. It can also be used to cleanse organs like the liver, kidney, arteries, spleen, lungs and heart.
- Reiki if taken regularly will help improve blood circulation and also stop minor instances of bleeding.
- Reiki is also beneficial to deal with symptoms of imbalances, stress related disorders, sinus problems, menopause, migraine, cystitis, asthma, chronic fatigue, insomnia and cases of depression.
- Reiki is the best way to deal with long term injuries and to recover fast from any surgery. Reiki helps in fast recovery by reducing the side effects of an ailment and makes your system adjust to the medication prescribed.
- One of the spiritual benefits of practicing Reiki is that it tends to purify the environment around the practitioner. Reiki is believed to facilitate the removal of bad energy or spirits from your house, office, basements, etc.
- Reiki is also quite beneficial for athletes. In case of injuries and stretches, Reiki can help heal them fast.
- Another important benefit of Reiki as a healing aid is that it is independent of diagnosis. Reiki practitioners are not trained to diagnose a disease, thereby putting away all possibilities of a wrong diagnosis.
- Reiki helps in removing toxins from the body and hence it enhances the immune system and makes it capable of dealing with new ailments. Reiki also helps in relieving headaches, arthritis and insomnia. It serves as a natural remedy for blood pressure and for the people who want to get rid of drug and alcohol dependence. It also cures both acute and chronic illnesses.
- Reiki is an easy art to master and is very convenient to administer and practice. It can be practiced while you are sitting comfortably on a couch or a chair. It is a relaxing and soothing experience. You can play soft music in the background to relax your senses while practicing Reiki.
Some Physical Benefits of Reiki
- Reiki works on all chronic and acute illnesses, including serious problems like heart disease and cancer as well as skin problems, flu, fatigue, headaches, and back pain.
- First Aid (as it speeds up healing).
- Reduction in pain and nausea after allopathic treatments such as chemotherapy or surgery.
- Your body being more fully prepared for surgery, including using fewer anesthesias, and a shortened recovery.
- Tissue regeneration to replace scars and burns.
- Lessening of arthritis pain, stiffness, and increased ease of movements.
- Improved circulation to reduce swelling from many causes (injury, surgery).
- Balancing of the organs and glands and their bodily functions.
- A lessening and relieving of symptoms of Fibromyalgia and Chronic Fatigue Syndrome and other auto immune diseases.
- Strengthened immune system, and improved capacity of your body’s ability to clear toxins.
- Supports pregnancy and childbirth, and afterwards. Many women report painless childbirth using Reiki.
- Reiki functions on all types of chronic and severe illnesses, including serious health problems such as cancer and heart disease. Skin problems, fatigue, headaches, back pain and flu can also be relieved by Reiki
- Reiki works really well on first aid because it enhances healing speed.
- Reiki minimizes nausea and pain immediately after various allopathic treatments including surgery and chemotherapy.
- It facilitates regeneration of tissue in order to replace burns and scars.
- Reduces pain of arthritis to a significant amount.
- It is highly effective in treating cervical disease and symptoms.
- Reiki diminishes stiffness in joints and promotes ease of movements.
- Enhances circulation to minimize swelling resulting from varied causes such as surgery and injury.
- Facilitates balancing of the glands and organs to promote healthy bodily functions.
- A lessening and relieving of symptoms of Fibromyalgia and Chronic Fatigue Syndrome and other auto immune diseases.
- Strengthens immune system, and improves capacity of your body’s ability to clear toxins.
- Reiki is highly beneficial for women and supports pregnancy and childbirth. There are several reports of women having painless childbirth via using Reiki.
Some Mental Benefits of Reiki
- Your mind becomes calmer.
- Help contacting the ‘healer within’ and relief from emotional upset, anxiety and depression.
- Restful sleep with more vivid dreams during sleep.
- You think clearer and you can 'see' clearer.
- Increased self-confidence. You will be able to answer your own questions knowing that you have the answers.
- Enhanced personal awareness.
- Enhances memory.
- Enhances creativity.
- Offers relief from emotional distress.
- Eliminates anxiety and depression.
- Promotes restful sleep.
- Promotes clearer thinking process.
- Enhances self-confidence.
Some Emotional Benefits of Reiki
- Deep relaxation, the mind calms and becomes less erratic.
- Eases depression, insomnia, lack of confidence, addiction and fear-based illnesses.
- Increased intuition, and creativity.
- Relieves insomnia.
- Relieves addiction of all kinds.
- Helps break unwanted addictions.
- Minimizes emotional stress, anxiety, depression and insomnia.
- Helps in the grieving process.
- Raises self-esteem and improves confidence levels.
- Improves memory.
- Enhances creativity and intuition.
Some Spiritual Benefits of Reiki
- Increased intuition and creativity leads to a more purposeful direction in life.
- Feel more connected and in tune with others and the universe.
- Enhanced intuition power.
- Enhanced creativity.
- Gives a purposeful direction to individual’s life.
- Inner peace.
- Feel more connected with the universe and its creator.
- Connects you with a higher consciousness.
- Raises your vibration level.
- Conducts and enhances spiritual awakening.
- Inspires guidance in questionable situations.
- Creates good karma by helping others.
- Empowers one to take responsibility for your own health and well-being.
- Promotes self development.
- Guides you in and during your life that is just right for you!
Use of Reiki is not limited to what has been listed above. If you can perceive what actually Reiki is, you can use it for much, much more without having to look for a list of its uses. Yet, one should not attach irrational and impracticable expectations with Reiki.
“When a mind has only light it knows only light. Its own radiance shines all around it, and extends out into the darkness of other minds, transforming them into majesty.”